Sunday, September 1, 2013

A Second Ancient Building Completed

On a whim, I decided to paint the second (of three) ancient buildings that have been sitting on my table for a few months before getting started on the Roman principes. I forgot how much work these buildings really are to paint and how much time they take to complete, but once finished they are worth it and will look great on our gaming table. This building has a fantastic stone front porch and stone steps and I decided to paint each stone individually which really added to the time it took to finish but I'm glad I did it.

This is the medium single story house produced by Grand Manner. It is a fantastically detailed model. My only real (small) complaint is the impression one gets that the house is decaying, perhaps abandoned and certainly not well maintained due to the cracks and number of areas of exposed breaks on the walls. When I am gaming, this house is meant to be current and vibrant -- it is lived in, maintained and even loved by its occupants.

I hope you enjoy the photos.






11 comments:

  1. The building looks great and the paved floor excellent but I do know what you mean. I guess it showing all the bricks makes it more interesting but I have the same problem with some of my Spanish buildings

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could just mean they've not gotten around to spring cleaning yet.

    FMB

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fantastic. Don't just think of it as an ancient building though, you still find houses like that today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, but if I wanted to make a city using their buildings and houses they would all look like this. :)

      Delete
  4. Very nice looking building, love the yard and the floor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice paintjob and a great model! I'll have to look into their range :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice model. I think the time spent on detailing the flagstones was worth it. Really well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work, Grand Manner make some great buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uttarakhand Board Of School Education (UBSE) Responsible For Conducting 12th Annual Examination Starting 12th Class Exam might begin on May 4 and might end on May 22, 2021, UK Board 12th Model Paper 2021 UBSE is an company of Government of Uttarakhand entrusted with the Responsibilities of Prescribing courses of instructions.

    ReplyDelete