Friday, May 11, 2012

A New Project: The English Civil War

My Punic Wars project has stalled.... while waiting for an order of spears that would have allowed me to assemble and base-coat the army, I found that I wasn't overly thrilled or motivated. I have three bags of metal Carthaginian miniatures from Gripping Beast on my workbench. They are all great sculpts of infantry and heavy cavalry and I'm sure that I will get back to them eventually.

But, my academic and gaming interests have turned elsewhere for the time being -- Scotland. My family heritage is strongly Scottish - family Archibald of the proud clan Macpherson. Discovering personal family history is a strong motivator for me, and so I turn my attention to the grand spectacle of the English Cvil War (which I have been wanting to do for some time) and specifically to the Scots.

As with any wargaming project that I undertake, I have begun with researching the topic. I am currently reading the following books:


Now, all work and no play makes for a dull war gamer... and so I have also ordered a good amount of 17th century Scottish miniatures from Eureka. Twenty-four muskets, twelve pikes, a fancy Laird, a piper, and various other models swinging traditional clan weapons. Lets hope they arrive soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment